Friday, April 9, 2010

Art Contest #1 - *Updated* 5/3 to clean up formatting.

In the interests of strengthening the community, seeing some really great art, and because I just can’t get enough poodle-girls, I am issuing my first Transformation Repository Art Challenge.

Really, I've been sitting on the idea for a while, but until I actually made up my mind to set up the site, it was in limbo logistically.

The idea is fairly simple. Between now and 12 July (giving an extra week after the long July 4th holiday), any artist who wishes to participate should submit a picture sequence of an attractive woman turning into a poodle-girl.  There's no required scenario involved, it could be anything triggering the transformation - faulty teleporter, magic spell, wardrobe malfunction, let your imagination go nuts.

I say 12 July now, but not knowing my work schedule that far out in advance, things *might* get pushed to the right a little bit....probably not though, and I'll post updates if anything does change.

I fully encourage you to share this challenge with other friends and artists you may know who don’t regularly read this site.  Any artist I have previously commissioned from – even the same subject matter – is welcome to compete, but the submission must be a new piece.

On 12 July, I’ll announce three winners – First prize $150, second prize $100, third prize $50 – cash prize from me to you via paypal.  Additionally, (assuming I figure out how to post a poll by then), there’ll be open voting for two weeks following the initial contest completion on all the submitted sequences and the audience favorite – regardless of whether it already won a prize – will win an additional cash prize of $100.

Admittedly, the price per pic, even for the 1st place winner isn’t outstanding, but hey, it’s easy money right? Show off your stylings to the world and try something a little different – outside your comfort zone or otherwise.

If poodle-girls aren’t really your thing, I still encourage you to give it a shot and try something new.  I have a significant number of additional contest ideas for the future – seasonal ideas, straight-up shrinking/gts themes, etc – but if I can’t get any participation, why should I bother?

Now the hard and fast rules:
1. All work must be the original work of the person submitting it.  No exceptions.

2. Sequences must be at least 4 pictures long – for a [human!] Woman to Poodle-girl TF.  There is no upper limit to the number of pictures and additional consideration will extended for additional effort.

3. Any medium is accepted – pencils, ink, paint, digital art, CGI renders, photomorphs, etc – or any combination of mediums.

4. All submissions include the following information (which will also be posted with the picture): artist name, medium(s), scenario (if applicable), sequence title (optional) – and any other additional information you think is relevant.

5. Subjects must be adults – at least 18 – NO exceptions!

6. Any artist may submit as many sequences as they wish.

7. Unlimited revisions are allowed during the submission period.

8. On a scale of 1-100, the final poodle-girl form in the last picture, should fall approximately between 50 and 100 – where Mr. Andrade’s sample picture is about a 50




and Arania’s sample picture is about a 98 (a little additional room allowed for minor facial changes).

9. No copyrighted characters are permitted (unless they're your own characters). This means no anime, videogame, movie, comic/manga characters, etc.

10. By entering a submission, you are automatically giving permission for me to post it on the site clearly labeled and identified as an art contest entry – and although I would prefer to avoid it, if the artist wishes to remain anonymous, I am amenable to posting their entries in that fashion.  Additionally, these pictures do belong to the artists who create them (ie. You), so I have no issues about them being posted to your sites, galleries or anywhere else...why would I?

11. Submissions should be addressed to me: thrandrall@gmail.com – subject line should contain the artist’s name and that it is intended as a submission for the Art Contest.


Additional Guidance:


a. Upper body nudity is permitted but should not be excessive.  Lower body nudity will be frowned upon. Sexual activity is right out. (This is a great opportunity to try out some new poses or stances).

b. Constructive criticism by others is encouraged in the comments section, but *should* be accompanied by suggestions on how issues might be addressed, improved, etc.

c. Extra consideration will be given for judicious, original and innovative use of fur, clothing, BE or other additional tf styles (ie. WG – within svelte, sexy limits ;p), hair growth, etc.  Backgrounds or scenarios are optional.

I consider myself a fair person – you can check references with any of the other artists I have previously worked with on commissions (see my threads at the Process Boards) – and I will be honest up front.  If the quality or quantity of pictures are not sufficient to meet my standards (again, see the quality of pics in my other commission threads) – I will not choose a winner[s].

I shouldn’t have to explain myself, but if I get one or two entries and they both looked like someone scrawled them with a magic marker during coloring hour, I reserve my right not to shell out any money whatsoever….however, I don’t expect that to be an issue with the caliber of artists I know we have around here.

---- And if all my talk of poodle-girls and the limited sample pics I've posted still leave you scratching your head...have no fear, I do intend to post a number of additional previous commissions that should give you some ideas as well as linking to some other reference pictures not originally commissioned by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment