Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cluedog - The Triumph of Dr. Phigbert

Most folks have probably already seen this excellent piece by the magnificent Cluedog - my second collaboration with his excellence.  Like most of my other commissions, this idea started with a fairly simple image or two, and expanded greatly (along with the good Dr.'s bosoms) into this rather lengthy piece.  I believe I had the Victorian/Early-Edwardian setting in mind from the beginning, but the image of the Dr. himself goes back to my ideas of doing a lengthy series of commissions involving additional sorts of products at Willy Wonka's factory - first imagined maybe 15 years ago... Roald Dahl had so much great TF/process/etc content in his books - great for the imagination...

Obviously copyright issues would arise with any named project, but it's fun to think about some of the other concepts and ideas that might come out of it...maybe a good idea for another art contest? ;p 

Anyways, without further ado, I present to you the incredible Dr. Phigbert (and his triumph).  Again, you can download the individual panels at tg comics if you so desire (particularly since I don't think you'll get the full size images here - blogspot seems to have rather few options when it comes to uploading pics).










Again, I don't think it has to be said that Cluedog is truly a master at representation of expressions and emotions and just generally portraying folks really well.  And if you need any more proof of his skills, I highly recommend you check out "Opey the Warhead" - the first 4 issue collection of which is available here for a very affordable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment