Friday, August 7, 2015

Solios - Field Trials - Interim 1



{AI recognizes voiceprint of Chairwoman Francesco - automatic recording systems activated}  "They're on the way in - excellent.  Well now, speak of the devil, Director Heinrich and let's see....local chief of security Rhonda McCampbell."

"Madam Chairwoman, I can explain everything."

"Shut your hole right now Peter.  You're damn lucky you got promoted to Director last year.  The board will render judgment on you at the meeting next week.  Get him out of my sight."

"Right away Chairwoman."

"You though...Rhonda....you're the one I'm interested in.  I guess you thought you had a pretty good thing going on."

"I'm not sure what you mean Ma'am."

"You will address me as Chairwoman.  And I'm pretty sure you know exactly what I'm referring to.  We've had a couple hours here to go digging while waiting for you to show up.  What did we come up with Shelly?"

"Well Chairwoman, it was hidden well enough to evade a surface scan, but once forensics was given direction to investigate, it was pretty simple - blackmail of senior members of HR, embezzling to finance non-vital cosmetic surgery, improper/illegal use of company cybernetics for personal reasons."

"There was something else wasn't there?  (And as an aside, I can't say your surgeon did you a lot of favors - I mean, with a figure like that....- you could have at least gotten the uniform re-tailored)"

"You mean, aside from the fact that she was completely unqualified to even be hired as a level one security guard, much less supervise anyone?  (We'll be submitting a list of additional cautionary measures for future hires - including revising our 'veterans' preferences)."

"Give it to her straight."

"Hiring her ex's drop-out junkie kid to manage security for a lab handling class 1 materials."

"That's right.  We know it all.  If you look on the screen above your head, you'll see the same jackass currently overdosing on substance TP06MN."

"Oh shit....Cameron!"

"Trust me, they can't hear you.  But really, I wouldn't be too concerned about him (her...at this point, I'm not sure if it matters) - it's you we're interested in now.  Just what are we going to do with you?"

"What are you talking about?  I've got rights, my contract...."

"...Was voided the first time you engaged in illegal activities."


No comments:

Post a Comment