The deadline is midnight 30 Oct 2014! Just in time to post final entries for Halloween.
On 31 Oct, I’ll announce the winners in each category. Prizes - via paypal.
Now the hard and fast rules:
1. All work must be the original work of the person submitting it. No exceptions.
2. Single captions - obviously one pic. Sequences may comprise as many pics as desired. Any captioner can submit as many entries as they desire.
4. Limited sexual references will be allowed, but nothing explicit, and no profanity.
5. All submissions should include the following information (which will also be posted with the picture): captioner's name and site (for linking purposes - if available), intended caption title (for posting purposes - I'd rather not have to make up a title from scratch if you wrote out the caption).
6. Unlimited revisions are allowed during the submission period.
7. By entering a submission, you are automatically giving permission for me to post it on the site clearly labeled and identified as an caption contest entry – and although I would prefer to avoid it, if the captioner wishes to remain anonymous, I am amenable to posting their entries in that fashion.
a. Please proofread your captions in advance for spelling/grammar. Also please try to choose a font size/color/construction that will make reading easier. If your caption starts running long, consider submitting it as a sequential piece. Please try to avoid pics with watermarks too.
b. Constructive criticism by others is encouraged in the comments section, but *should* be accompanied by suggestions on how issues might be addressed, improved, etc.
Have at it!