Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Gift Art and another Note

Well folks, first up we've got a gorgeous little mini-sequence in Gift Art from master storyteller Mr-DNA.

Before I go any further, I've really got to pimp his print comic The Underburbs.  This little self-published series is truly a great read - excellent storytelling, great humor and then the incredible art of Mr-DNA!  I'd say my best comparison would be Jhonen Vasquez (Invader Zim, JTHM, I Feel Sick, Squee) meets Calvin and Hobbes - really great stuff.  And even better for tf fans is the crazy amount of great material included - written in very smoothly and portrayed in a wide variety of ways.

The TPB is a great way to get a feel for the story - highly recommended!  Even better - if you're really nice, you might even get a free sketch or two ;p

------------

On another note....I'm a little surprised by the number of donations I've received without any request details....well not necessarily, there have always been a few of those - but I am surprised by the lack of follow-up messages/complaints/requests for the art.  I know my spam box is empty...but I wonder how many of my responses to people just disappear.  Please, if you've donated and not received anything, drop me a note as soon as you can.

Thanks again for the support folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment