Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Art Contest 6 - Luck Be A Lady Tonight - Results!

Well, unfortunately the last artist I was in contact with was unable to meet the adjusted deadline - but I certainly hope to feature more work from him in the future.

That leaves the 6 original entries to be judged.  Out of my 6 art contests so far, I've never received a more solid group of entries...which makes the selection of a winner for this contest far and away the most difficult choice so far.  I want to say up front that all of these entries were gorgeous pieces of work and I'm extremely grateful for the work put into them.  I sincerely thank you for your hard work and look forward to commissioning more pieces from each of you in the future.

With that in mind, moving to the selection - the winners are below the break:





3rd Place - A very detailed sequence - with some truly unique elements of transformation and transmutation.

AutumnNatural's entry "Winning Ticket."



2nd Place - It's short, it's sweet - the crisp colors literally pop out of the frame - and I mistook the blackjack theme for poker - blackshirtboy's entry "Luck Be a Lady Tonight."



and....1st Place - A gorgeous piece of b&w work with a unique take on the betting table - and a beautiful mix of perspectives and angles - zdemian's entry "Black Jack".







Thanks again to all the beautiful entries from all of you.  I appreciate the support for the site and the participation from all of you.  I definitely look forward to working with all of you in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thanks Thrandrall, it was a blast to do. I'm looking forward to the next one.

    And congrats zdemian and blackshirtboy.

    ReplyDelete