Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Caption Contest 1 - Fur Fashion



Alright….I'm finally holding the first Caption Contest for the Transformation Repository.  I'd considered this for a while, but was leaning towards doing it on another site originally - but I think this'll work out fine too.

The deadline is midnight 21 May 2014 (or just 22 May - 1 AM HST for clarification)!  Just a month, but it's not a full, original art contest either.
 

This is basically a TG caption contest with a stack of pictures I've chosen - mostly because I love women in fur - and I don't think this type of pic gets enough love in a lot of other caption contests (or captions in general).  If this isn't your type of pic, no need to worry about it - I've got a lot of other fashion concepts coming up in future contests - assuming this one shows some results.




The concept here is strictly male to female TG (although additional transformational elements can also be discussed - see further notes below) - through interactions with Mistress Arianna - my original character and/or her establishment - the La De Baucherie Magique boutique.  Fairly similar to Spells 'r Us - she's an ageless/timeless character who shows up wherever/whenever she wants to - hence the variety of pics here.  Not everyone who shops at her store is transformed - there are plenty of normal products to go with the special offers - but it seems to affect a significant number of customers.  Additionally, she's fairly easy going most of the time, but if you get on her bad side...things could happen too.  A more recent addition to her merchandise stock is also the "Wishing Stone" - which Mistress Arianna has been careful to elaborate:



Obviously fur is generally a seasonal clothing choice - which could be addressed  in these captions - since my timing for the contest is off a little - and the transformation could be the result of a purchase, interaction, gift, encounter, etc - not too picky on this note.  Given the circumstances of the transformations - the fashion choices could also potentially be the result of new preferences or even compulsions following the previous interactions.  Nobody knows where Mistress Arianna gets her merchandise...so it wouldn't necessarily be a case of "fur is murder"with her....and she might take it personally ;p



I've broken my reference pics down under a number of categories - basic reference pics (single characters), single character sequential pics, group single pics, group sequential pics.  Don't think that you can't mix and match any of the pics - no need to use sequential pics of the same characters or anything - I'm just grouping them that way for tracking purposes on my end.



I do NOT own any of these pics - they're just ones I've picked up across the web.



I'm opening this up to multiple categories for the prizes too.



- Best overall caption(s) - The one that really blows me away (single or sequence). ($50)



- Best single caption - Any single caption using a one-character pic. ($25)



- Best group caption - Any single caption using a pic with one or more characters. ($25)



- Best caption sequence - Any set of two or more captions following a sequence/storyline (can use single or multiple character pics - no restrictions on which pictures from reference selection are used) ($50)



- Best original design and caption - A little different - this category is looking for the really weird/unique/far-out concepts - I will accept minor photo-editing as well as potentially use of pics not included in my reference file - but must be approved on a case-by-case basis.  Must still conform to all other contest rules. ($35)



- There may be a viewer voting contest - but it depends on the number of entries and timing.


I fully encourage you to share this challenge with other friends and artists you may know who don’t regularly read this site.  Any artist I have previously commissioned from – even the same subject matter – is welcome to compete, but the submission must be a new piece. 

Sample Single pic:


Sample Group pic:


 Sample Single Character sequence pics:



Sample Group Sequence Pics:



 Full set of currently approved caption-able pics:


On 22 May, I’ll announce the winners in each category.  Prizes - via paypal.


Now the hard and fast rules:

1.  All work must be the original work of the person submitting it.  No exceptions.

2.  Single captions - obviously one pic.  Sequences may comprise as many pics as desired.  Any captioner can submit as many entries as they desire - using any of the included reference pictures (see exceptions under "Best Original Design and Caption"). 



3.  Captions need to be submitted already formatted and attached to the image - I don't have the time or energy to handle the extra work at the moment due to my work schedule.

4.  Limited adult sexual references will be allowed, but nothing explicit, and no profanity.

5.  All submissions should include the following information (which will also be posted with the picture): captioner's name and site (for linking purposes - if available), intended caption title (for posting purposes - I'd rather not have to make up a title from scratch if you wrote out the caption).

6.  Unlimited revisions are allowed during the submission period.

7.  By entering a submission, you are automatically giving permission for me to post it on the site clearly labeled and identified as an caption contest entry – and although I would prefer to avoid it, if the captioner wishes to remain anonymous, I am amenable to posting their entries in that fashion.



8.  Submissions should be addressed to me: thrandrall@gmail.com – subject line should contain the artist’s name and that it is intended as a submission for the Caption Contest.  I would prefer to compile all the entries for each captioner in their own post for organizational purposes - so if you intend to potentially submit multiple entries, please let me know up front so I don't jump the gun on posting your pics.

Additional Guidance:
a.  Please proofread your captions in advance for spelling/grammar.  Also please try to choose a font size/color/construction that will make reading easier.  If your caption starts running long, consider submitting it as a sequential piece.

b.  Constructive criticism by others is encouraged in the comments section, but *should* be accompanied by suggestions on how issues might be addressed, improved, etc.



c.  I will determine the caption posting schedule as I have time - depending on the size and number, some may be posted sooner than others, but every one that I receive that fits the entry requirements will be posted on the site before the results are posted.

Have at it!

A couple more sample pics:






No comments:

Post a Comment