Tuesday, May 3, 2016

0pik-0ort - Baker's Dozen 5

Lot of thunderstorms around here the last few days.

---------------------

"Like I was saying folks, these treats are nearly done.  And if you look closely, you can see them rising very nicely.  I know some people just talk about mixing things together and having it all come together.  Honestly, that might work for a few people - and every now and then you might get lucky - but let's face it - it really helps to measure out everything just right - these recipes are tried and true for a reason."

"That's the same reason I always use real sugar in my recipes - on the show and in my books.  There's just no substitute for the real thing.  Sure I prefer a little sweetener in my coffee - but when it comes to baking, real food, whathaveyou - it's about quality over quantity - even if it does add a few calories to the final product."



Art by 0pik-0ort

Un-enhanced image after the break.




No comments:

Post a Comment